Who do I call for information?

  • EMERGENCY: 911

  • City Hall: (715) 267-6205

  • City Garage: (715) 267-6225

  • Public Library (715) 267-7103

  • Public Works:(715) 267-7496

  • Police Department: (715) 267-6215 (non-emergency)

  • Fire Department: (715) 267-7390 (non-emergency)

What are the business hours of City Hall?

The business hours for City Hall are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. From time to time, City Hall hours may need to be altered. If you are planning to visit City Hall, it’s always best to call ahead.

What are the business hours of the Greenwood Public Library?

  • Monday- Noon-8:00 p.m.

  • Tuesday-10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

  • Wednesday-3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.

  • Thursday: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

  • Friday-10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

  • Saturday-10:00 a.m.-Noon

Numbers for Utilities:

Xcel:  1-800-895-4999

WE Energies:1-800-236-2136

TDS Telecom: 1-877-837-8372



When do I need a building permit and how do I obtain one?

A building permit is required for any remodeling or improvement over $1,000.00. You do not need a building permit for shingling. If building a new building or an addition to any home built after 1980, you will need a permit from the State Inspector.

Those applications can be obtained at City Hall. Contact City Hall at (715) 267-6205 if a building permit is required and we will fill out the necessary paperwork.

When do I need a dog license, what do I need to obtain one, and what is the cost for the license?

All dogs residing in the City of Greenwood are required to be licensed. To obtain a license, please visit City Hall and bring with you current rabies vaccination papers for the dog to be licensed. Fees for licenses are as follows:

  • Spayed or Neutered: $3.00

  • Intact dogs: $8.00

When and where are city council meetings held?

Regular meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. The public is invited to attend. Special meetings are held as needed. Agendas will be posted on exterior door at City Hall. In order to speak at a meeting, you must contact City Hall at (715) 267-6205 at least two days prior to the meeting to be placed on the agenda.

When are water bills mailed?

Water bills are mailed on a quarterly basis on January 2nd, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st or the first following business day.

How do I become a member of a city committee or board?

There are multiple city committees and boards, and we welcome new participants. To see what committees and boards are available, please visit our Government page and click on the Boards & Committees link on the right side of the page. If you find one that interests you, please contact City Hall at (715) 267-6205. The mayor needs to appoint all committee and board members while the city council needs to approve all appointments.

When are meter readings completed?

Meter readings are completed quarterly by reading the meter electronically on the side of each building in the city.

Where and How do I vote?

Voting booths are located at the Greenwood Fire Department on election days from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Greenwood Fire Department
103 Cannery St.
Greenwood, WI 54437

 If you are one of the following, you must provide a document that contains both a complete name and current residential address:

  • First-time voters who registered by mail

  • Electors registering in the Clerk’s office after the close of registration

  • Electors registering on election day

 If there are any other questions about voting or elections, please contact City Hall at 715-267-6205.